Tuesday 15 October 2013

Scott Paterson

It is with deep regret and sadness that I have to inform members, Scott Paterson, a valued and dedicated member of the greenstaff passed away on Saturday 12th October. He was an intelligent, talented young greenkeeper, with his future in his own hands. I once I told him he could be anything he wanted to be, moving up the ladder one day to become a deputy or head greenkeeper. Scott joined the greenkeeping team soon after school working his way through his education in sports turf, gaining level 2 and 3, PA1, 2 and chainsaw qualifications. We are a very close team at Malton and Norton so the loss has hit every one hard, our thoughts also go out to Scotts family during this difficult time. We are proud to have had Scott as part of our team and he will always be in our thoughts.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.