Monday 11 March 2013

March snow

This week the forecast has reverted back to the winter chills that we are use to in January not March. The weather at this time of the year can be very unpredictable, unfortunately easterly winds have brought cold air in from the North Sea bring snow showers and sub zero temperatures. The course was closed today, there wasn't a great amount of snow but enough to stop play. Looking at the forecast it could be a similar story for the next couple of days at least.



Work doesn't stop for the green staff the team has been busy repairing and servicing machinery and staining benches, and making hazard posts now all the markers have been finished, ready for the start of the season.


About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.