Tuesday 19 November 2013

14th bunker drain

As the weather is turning colder the leaves are falling fast, hopefully after this week the majority will have fallen and collected up. It's a continuous task for the staff up to christmas. We hope now that we are on top of it. Other work on the course has included tidying up after the hedge cutting contractor, will is now beginning the task of hand cutting all the areas that can't be reached by the machine. Adam has continued with tee sprinkler replacement and we have moved on to the 14th first fairway bunker to install drainage.
Ready for pipe and stone now, more to follow!

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.