Friday 31 October 2014

End of week catch up

What a busy week, as mentioned in my previous blog the bunker on 10 was going well helped by closure of the hole to allow safety for the staff. By Thursday this was complete albeit a little drainage to finish.
Then work continued on the new 16th white tee. The soil was shaped, irrigation lines installed and root zone added. 
The root zone then was levelled and prepared for turf. The banks have a little work to be done before these are turfed using the turf from the 10th fairway. 
Leaf collection continues with blustery winds today they are a constant issue at the moment. 
Next week we will start on the 18th tee and turf the work done so far. Also we have some pine trees to plant on holes 10, 18 and 20. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.