Friday 2 October 2015

Spray tan

Our greens chairman is not away from the club much, always keen to do something so I thought if give him a mention as this week he has been spraying the driving range building with a preservative to keep the wood work in good shape. After a few trials with colours and a practice he is tackling the rest of the building. 
A great effort as it's not small, a 12 bay range building and storage room, but he's almost done. A great effort. I'm sure I can find a few more jobs for him to do. 
Another foggy few days, it's worth mentioning that if golfers can not see where there shots are going they shouldn't be playing. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case this week and golfers have put us (greenkeepers) and other golfers in danger. We have had a number of near misses and therefore it is our intention to review to the fog policy with the intention of improving safety for all on the course. This will be notified in due course. 
The team have done a great job this week and the course looking and playing well. 
Unfortunately there is a number of members/ visitors that think that the rules don't apply to them, bunker raking seems to be one of the in going problems, etiquette states that once a shot is played from a bunker the sand needs to be raked and left in a tidy manner. If any one is seen or deemed to be ignoring this then it is all members duty to report them to the manager or myself. 

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.