Thursday 24 December 2015

Merry Christmas

The last post of the year, before I sign off and take a break over the Christmas period. 
We have a couple of days of dry weather so we have cut greens, moved holes and tidied a couple of areas of the course. 
We have planted some small pines around the new 20th tee these will add to the screening and create a nice area of woodland in years to come. 
More mature trees will be planted in the new year. 
Ditch clearance has continued, with only a small section remaining in the new year. 

From all the staff at malton and norton golf club have a fantastic Christmas and I'll see you in the new year. 

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.