Saturday 21 July 2012

After a week away from the golf club, i returned from holiday to find Adam had another tough week in charge, with yet more rain on Wednesday and Thursday. Where the water is standing it is very stagnant and the grass is starting to die in places. This week is forecast to be a lot drier and warmer so hopefully we can get the course back into a drier condition. Today it was Captains day, Adam and the team worked tirelessly though out the wet week to present it in fabulous condition considering. This morning Adam, Rich and myself were in to cut greens and move holes for the day. First thing it was very foggy but thankfully the sun came out before dinner and the course started drying out.
Looking back to the 4th tee around 5.30am this morning

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.