Friday 13 July 2012

Water standing on the golf course from the days and days of rain is starting to become stagnant in areas causing issues to the health of the turf. Where drainage is present the water has been soaked in quickly and removed from the surface leaving cutting and routine maintenance easily achievable. Where no or poor drainage is an issue it is creating problems with cutting and playability of the golf course. The problems areas are on the 1st fairway, around the 13th green and in front of the 17th green. We will have to prioritise drainage in these areas this winter to ensure we do not continue having future problems.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.