Thursday 26 April 2012

Monsoon season!

As already highlighted on this blog there has been a lot of rain that has fallen on the golf course in the last 3 weeks, 103mm to be exact. Today the course was closed due to the storms that passed over night and throughout today, looking at the sheer volume of water on the course and the forecast it looks like the course will remain closed tomorrow also.
 The 6th green
The 12th green
When conditions are dry enough we have been cutting where possible, continuing with bunker edging and flymoing bunker faces.


About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.