Wednesday 6 June 2012

I'm pleased to welcome our new greenkeeper Richard Malthouse who started on Friday to replace Mark. He has had worked at Scarborough North Cliff for around 6 years before joining us. I'm sure he is going to make a great addition to the team. We have thrown him in at the deep end as cutting is non stop in these wet, warm times. The course when cut up looks fantastic, however the semi and intermediate rough is still causing players problems so we have taken the decision to lower the semi rough to 44mm opposed to 50mm and the intermediate rough to 100mm opposed to 150mm. It was the seniors open day today so we groomed and cut greens, cut tees, cut fairways, cut semi and moved holes.
 Adam and Will preparing the 5th hole
Heavy rain halted progress around lunch

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.