Saturday 9 June 2012

Yesterday saw even more rain and closed the course, around 14mm of rain fell during the day on top of already damp ground conditions. After returning from the course this morning after the course inspection with Adam unfortunately the rain didn't ease up over night. Another 13mm fell from yesterday afternoon to 5.30am this morning, leaving the course very wet again and we had no option but to leave it closed. Adam and I spent the morning pushing all water off the greens to ensure they could dry out as quickly as possible for tomorrow. The forecast looks better for this afternoon and tonight so conditions should improve.
The conditions this morning at 6.00am

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.