Monday 21 January 2013

17th Drainage in more snow

Today we continued with the drainage works at 17 in another 3 inches of snow which fell over the weekend. Unfortunately with the temperature slightly warmer than last week it has made ground conditions softer and leading soil away difficult. We dug out another trench and started to fill in the trenches that were dug at the end of last week. The turf in this area is very fragile and a lot is dead from been stood under water for so long. However we will ensure we repair any turf that can not be salvaged. The rest of the hedge between 18 and 19 is now removed and all left to do is to remove the stumps when the weather improves.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.