Wednesday 9 January 2013

Today we continued draining the 15th and now started the 16th hole. We have installed around 130m of drainage on the 15th fairway, 40m on the 15th green, and we have started installing 50m on the start of the 16th fairway. Tomorrow we will finish excavating the drainage trenches and then start filling them with gravel and root zone. I would like to thank members for their co operation whilst the work is being undertaken, as the 15th and 16th holes have been shortened for the safety of green staff. Will has continued with hedge cutting.
Uploading of pictures is still not availible, once the error has been resolved I will post all pictures from this week.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.