Thursday 4 October 2012

Hollowcoring continued

We finished 1-9 greens yesterday, seeding and topdressing them before brushing in. A light application of 6-0-28 was put on to the cored greens to aid recovery. We have now moved on to holes 21-24, after a little overnight rain coring wasn't as easy first thing this morning, however once the sun got out and dried the surface the operation was running more smoothly. Tomorrow we will sand, seed and brush these greens and start rolling the initial greens with a heavy roller. Next week we will move on to holes 10-18.
All the staff working hard to ensure the coring of the greens runs smoothly and efficiently.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.