Friday 4 December 2015

Turfing

The last couple of days has seen the projects we started get tidied up. The bunkers on the 4th and 7th have been turfed. This has repaired the worn areas on the faces. It has just left the 3rd to complete next week. 
We have also completed the open drain installation on the 8th green surround. The lads have done a great job and will save a lot of work and add to the health of the green. 

We have also continued with tree pruning  on holes 1,8 and 9.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.