Tuesday 24 January 2012

13th front bunker renovations and cutting greens

Yesterday we started yet another bunker renovation. This time we were just patching the face on the bunker front of the 13th green.This face has always suffered in summer when it get burnt off due to poor growth and rabbits dig at the bare ground.

The old turf was stripped off and the soil was prepared for the new turf.


New turf was then laid


Only a little left to do, unfortunately the weather turned very wet today so we will finish turfing when it dries up

Yesterday we also continued with hand cutting greens


After all the aeration done in October the greens are settling back down nicely 

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.