Friday 27 January 2012

Turfing

Today we lifted the turf from the 21st tee so it will be ready for the excavator to begin levelling the subsoil next week.

The best of the turf was used at the 13th to renovate an area of worn, thin turf by the front bunker

Today we also raked the bunkers, moved the holes, switched the greens and started hand cutting the hedge around the 19th tee.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.