Thursday 5 January 2012

After yesterdays efforts by all the lads to tidy the course after the wind and rain, it all had to be repeated again today as strong winds returned. We had the tornado blower out to clear fairways and semi rough of tree debris. All the bunkers were raked, debris blown off the greens so hand cutting could be finished, and cutting of the tee tops were finished. Adam and Rob managed to finish servicing of the 6500 fairway mower. We hope to get the majority of tree debris that has been rounded cleared away tomorrow and the fairways finished slit tined so next week we can concentrate on bunker renovations on 10-18 holes.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.