Monday 26 March 2012

23rd green improvements

Today we continued to build up the banking to the right of the 23rd green. We started this project at the end of last year but unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse meaning ground conditions were too wet to finish. The weather forecast this week is for hot dry conditions which is unheard of in March. Hopefully we will have the area ready for seeding towards the end of the week.

When we get the initial shaping done a bunker is to be built into the bank side

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.