Monday 5 March 2012

Tree work

Today we had a stump grinder on hire to remove all the tree stumps we had left from our winter work.
It is a remote controlled self propelled machine which works quickly through any size stump. Al and Adam worked the stump grinder and Mark and Rob followed behind tidying and turfing. Here it is in action on the 10th

Mark also finished fertilising the rest of 1-9 tees

Scott started blowing off 1-9 fairways with the tractor mounted blower, in preparation for cutting, spraying with iron and fertilisation later in the week.

Will continued with hand cutting hedges at the 7th whilst 1-9 holes are closed for the week.

And I cleared some of the pines surrounding the men's white tee at the 15th to allow more light and air to the turf which was showing signs of stress due to shade. Other tree work continued in front of the stump grinder

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.