Monday 17 September 2012

18th fairway drain

This morning Adam, Alistair and Scott installed a drain into a low spot in front of the 18th green, this area has been a problem all year so it was essential to solve the issue. They opened up an existing drain on the fairway to remove the water in the hollow.



Once the water was removed the trench was dug to an adequate depth and pipework installed

The trench was then backfilled with stone and topped with rootzone then turfed with some of the turf we had left over from the 14th pond as the original turf was unusable as it had been stood under water for a long period of time.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.