Wednesday 12 September 2012

Today the turf delivery arrived and Will, Al, Rob and Rich laid the turf on the banking of the 14th pond which we worked on a little while ago.

I decided to turf the banking opposed to seeding this area as the bank is very steep in places and any seeded area would wash down easily when we get more heavy rain. Within a week or so the turf will have rooted and we can remove the pegs which currently hold it in position. Any areas at the top of the bank that were damaged when removing the soil by tractors and trailers will be seeded.
Today Adam started to cut down the long rough on holes 19-27.

It has been very thick this year due to the amount of rain we have had. Following cutting we will need to tidy some of the laid grass away before the areas are cut again. The long rough on holes 1-18 will be done after we have finished on holes 19-27.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.