Tuesday 27 November 2012

Flooding on the course more pics


I was unfortunate enough to witness the devastating floods in 1999 and 2000 that left the course under water for weeks, causing untold damage to a lot of areas. This morning when we walked the course to push water off the greens it was very similar to back then. Water in a lot of areas we NEVER see water, pooled into lakes around greens and tees and fairways saturated. There were a few puddles on the greens although the work we have done and the verti draining has helped reduce the stood water but the surfaces were very soft in areas.












Not nice to see I know
We are able to continue with work in and around the shed, so Adam and my self continued with the machinery servicing, Alistair and Scott finished the shed soak away.
Then we started to remove the hedge between 18 and 19 which has been passed for removal to improve safety for golfers and incorporate the 19th hole into the rest of the golf course.

 

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.