Friday 9 November 2012

Today we continued with draining the 12th green. Another existing drain was found and an area in the middle of the green which constantly stood water after heavy rain was dug out, pipe installed, back filled with pea gravel and topped off with root zone. The turf was relaid and top dressed, there are two more areas on the 12th green which will be drained in the coming weeks.

Rich and Will continued strimming around the trees on the course. Adam and Alistair planted the winter wall flower plants in front of the club house, then continued with drainage on the 10th fairway, joined by myself, Rob and Scott

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.