Friday 2 November 2012

We continued with the drainage on the 9th and 10th fairway today putting the turf back where it was reasonable, we will replace any dead turf as a result from the wet weather.

We also marked out the drainage on the 18th in front of the green, whilst there were puddles we could ensure the drainage will incorporate all the wet spots. We will start this area towards the end of November. Collection of leaves is also an ongoing task.

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.