Thursday 10 January 2013

15th green drainage

drainage line running through the low points, turf cut and out let dug to check height
Adam and Rob working off boards to protect the green, remove the turf and the sandy rootzone near the surface
 
Half of the green dug out by hand, levels checked, pipe in gravel and 300mm of rootzone compacted into the trench

Second half of green started
Connection made to outlet
Job done, very tidy, turf back on and only a light roll needed

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.